Dumfries and Galloway! What’s Going on? recently signed their business phones with 8020. Katy, who had been using a Samsung Galaxy S8, a phone she really liked, decided to switch back to Apple and the iPhone 8. Katy had been using a Samsung for a couple of years but thought it was time for a change. It’s not often we come across someone switching from Android to Apple or vice versa. So, we asked Katy about her experience of the switch itself, any major differences she noticed between the two phones and also a bit about her time with 8020 so far. Here’s what she said:
The switch was really easy using the Move to iOS app; it moved my apps, messages, calendar, contacts and data, making the switch totally hassle free. 8020 were on hand to make sure everything ran smoothly too.
- I prefer the iPhone health app and how it integrates MyFitnessPal, Calm, Strava etc
- The battery life is better – the Samsung seemed to be constantly running things I couldn’t find to close
- Far easier to find things – with the Samsung it felt like things were hidden
- Video and Camera quality isn’t nearly as good as the Galaxy S8
- Just a small thing but it’s equally frustrating, the new iPhone unlock button isn’t actually a button
- Not as intuitive – I liked the sidebar on the Samsung that saved your top contacts and apps
Working with 8020
I had an issue with my iPhone a few weeks ago. I was in Glasgow and needed to send a client file to print ASAP – I called 8020 and they 1. knew what was wrong straight away and 2. had fixed it within about 10 minutes.
It saved me valuable time not having to hold to get through to O2, to then explain to someone what the problem was. Lesley, my 8020 Account Manager, knew straight away what the issue was and fixed it for me.
The S8 was a really reliable phone and although I do miss it and some of the features, I love my iPhone 8 and definitely made the right choice. iOS is just so easy to navigate.
With Dumfries and Galloway! What’s Going on? I am constantly on my phone. The ease of use of the iPhone makes my life easy and allows me to do everything I need to do whilst on the go.